I'm Randy Mouri and this blog is about my quest to be an official finisher in the Race Across AMerica (RAAM), the toughest endurance race in the world. It's over and I became an official solo finisher in 11 days, 1 hour and 13 minutes! We continue to raise money and awareness on behalf of Habitat for Humanity of Northern Virginia (Habitat NoVa). If you would like to make a donation to Habitat NoVa, please visit my page on Habitat’s site. Endless thanks to our sponsors and all the folks that have made such generous contributions. Team Mouri would not have been able to travel so comfortably, which certainly may have changed the outcome of the race.


Thursday, May 13, 2010

OFFICE SEND OFF


I received a nice send off from my office this afternoon.  After hearing about my 14.6% body fat (which they all thought was a little high), they decided that I need to add on even a few more pounds.  A huge chocolate chip cookie!  You can see the piece that I took.  haha!  The writing on the cookie said, "Good Luck Randy."

I had a similar send off when I left for Paris to ride in PBP '07.  They had all signed a USA cycling jersey, wishing me luck in Paris and hoping that I would qualify for RAAM.  I had failed on that attempt, as many of you already know.

So thanks to everyone at my office.  You all are fun to work with and very special people.  I hope to report all good news as I cross the country.

I just double checked my packing and everything is ready to go.  All I need to do now is relax and get my big behind to the airport in the morning.

I'll be tweeting on my Twitter account as well, so join up if you're interested in live updates:

http://twitter.com/rtmouri

2 comments:

Jake said...

Yum! Randy brought a big ol' hunk of that cookie for his wife! It was delicious. So nice of the office to do that for him. I dropped him off at the airport at 6 a.m. today. He's off and bikin'!
- Jake

RAAM2011 said...

Love you Sweetie! Thanks! XOXO