I'm Randy Mouri and this blog is about my quest to be an official finisher in the Race Across AMerica (RAAM), the toughest endurance race in the world. It's over and I became an official solo finisher in 11 days, 1 hour and 13 minutes! We continue to raise money and awareness on behalf of Habitat for Humanity of Northern Virginia (Habitat NoVa). If you would like to make a donation to Habitat NoVa, please visit my page on Habitat’s site. Endless thanks to our sponsors and all the folks that have made such generous contributions. Team Mouri would not have been able to travel so comfortably, which certainly may have changed the outcome of the race.


Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Day 3 - SIERRA VISTA (SV), BISBEE, TOMBSTONE, SV

I realize this is a vacation and enjoying some of the small towns that we are riding through makes it more enjoyable.  So our option for the day was to ride out to Bisbee and enjoy the town. We'd bypass riding out to Tombstone, since Sharon Stone wasn't shooting Tombstone 2 today.

Heading out of SV.  Front to back (Jon B., Susie and Rob W)

Departing company with Jon.  Bisbee is just over the mountains in the background.
It was a nice ride out to Bisbee.  We had breakfast at the Bisbee Breakfast Club and when I asked why they weren't tuned into the BBC on the radio I was given a strange look.  Oh well...

Rob and Susie outside of the Bisbee Breakfast Club.

We also hit the Bisbee Coffee House and the Bisbee Bike Shop and Brothel.  Need I explain more? A great day of riding and entertainment.

Ken Wallace's bike shop and brothel. One could spend an entire day in here.

Susie's Day 3: What a beautiful day! The start was a bit on the chilly side -- 35 degrees -- but it was sunny and not too much wind. We headed out with Rob leading the way and for me? We were cruising! Bisbee was a quaint little town with a lot of character. I got a cool hat and funky necklace at the bike shop. Then we climbed and climbed and climbed and I gasped and gasped and gasped. But I made it to the top -- 6,000 feet elevation. We finished up with a very fast pace into Sierra Vista. Faster than what I would have ridden, but you know -- riding with the boys and testosterone. Always super fun. I was very pleased to have finished the 60 miles and even more pleased to have been treated to a Reese's and Snickers DQ Blizzard upon our return to the hotel! Yum!

Weather grows increasingly warmer and staying dry.  It's going to feel like we're in Arizona soon.

No comments: