I'm Randy Mouri and this blog is about my quest to be an official finisher in the Race Across AMerica (RAAM), the toughest endurance race in the world. It's over and I became an official solo finisher in 11 days, 1 hour and 13 minutes! We continue to raise money and awareness on behalf of Habitat for Humanity of Northern Virginia (Habitat NoVa). If you would like to make a donation to Habitat NoVa, please visit my page on Habitat’s site. Endless thanks to our sponsors and all the folks that have made such generous contributions. Team Mouri would not have been able to travel so comfortably, which certainly may have changed the outcome of the race.


Friday, January 7, 2011

159 days until RAAM

159 days 'til RAAM.  One week of new years training and I'm already falling a little behind (i.e. rode 310 miles, but needed 325).  I had over 100 miles of spinning.  Spinning miles are a little tougher to do, but a great way to focus on your form.  Though I've done several centuries on an indoor trainer, it's not my preference.  Saturday and Sunday were good rides, though on Sunday I under dressed and had to cut the ride short after a few rain showers.  I also tend to under hydrate in wet weather, because of the dirty country roads (i.e. natural fertilizer, to be polite). Would you drink out of that water bottle?  ha! It was actually empty already...and I do carry a cloth to wipe the crud off the mouth piece prior to drinking.  I'm trying my best to emulate the tough riders out there.  I keep telling myself the days are getting longer and it's warming up.  It's all in the mind....



No comments: